We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljana in May

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Ljubljana in May

What sort of weather should we expect in around Ljubljana in late May. We do not expect it to be hot but are hoping it is warm enough during the day for light clothing. We travel very light and want to make sure we don't freeze. We are driving from Croatia, through Slovenia and into Italy. Thank you.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ljubljana in May

Normally it get rather warm by the end of May in Ljubljana, which means you only need a light jacket or a sweater for early mornings or evenings. During the day people walk around in T-shirts. It can also already get hot, with temperatures more typical of July. However if it rains and there is a cold front it can be unpleasantly cool, but not freezing cold :), so I guess you will be fine. Greetings to New Zealand.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ljubljana in May

Normally it get rather warm by the end of May in Ljubljana, which means you only need a light jacket or a sweater for early mornings or evenings. During the day people walk around in T-shirts. It can also already get hot, with temperatures more typical of July. However if it rains and there is a cold front it can be unpleasantly cool, but not freezing cold :), so I guess you will be fine. Greetings to New Zealand.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ljubljana in May

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
610 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ljubljana in May

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ljubljana in May

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like the weather will suit us fine at that time of the year, much the same as we get here in Spring. Croatia and Slovenia are new territory for us and we are very much looking forward to it.