We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must see city of Slovenia?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Must see city of Slovenia?

What would be the main city to visit in Slovenia.

I am considering doing Slovenia as my last stop in Eastern. Central europe trip

I would have to get there from Zagreb, Croatia, What recommendations can you all offer for a city to visit in Slovenia for 2 nights.

Thanks and how do i get there from Zagreb , Croatia

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must see city of Slovenia?

You've got two choices: city or nature. Ljubljana has interesting architecture in a compact city. Bled is fairy-tale beautiful, a crystal clear alpine lake with a castle perched above it and an island with an old church high on it.

Both are accessible by train from Zagreb, with Bled requiring a change in nearby Jesenice. Tons of direct trains from Zagreb to Ljubljana. Not sure of the bus situation. English use is no problem in either locale.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must see city of Slovenia?

You can take a train from Zagreb direct to Ljubljana

www.slo-zeleznice.si/en/passengers/abroad

and with the same train further to Lesce Bled station. Than local bus, walk or taxi. Spent some hours at the lake, island, castle, than you return to Ljubljana, with a train or bus!

Edited: 28 April 2011, 08:24
Maldives
Level Contributor
141 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must see city of Slovenia?

If you choose nature:

http://www.postojnska-jama.si/eng//

The cave is fantastic and it's easily accessible by train or bus from Ljubljana.

4. Re: Must see city of Slovenia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Slovenia