We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GoOpti

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
185 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
GoOpti

Hi - I see some are posting about GoOpti as a way to get between Venice/Slovenia, etc. Just looking for some feedback from those who have used the service. Reliable? Good reputation? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
127 replies to this topic
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GoOpti

They are reliable. Note that their price varies significantly and that it depends on the demand.

Munich, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: GoOpti

i will use it tomorrow, will get back with feeback after vacation. I have heared they are ok. we'll see...

Austin, Texas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GoOpti

I am having trouble reaching Goopti by phone and email.Online reservation does not go through.Any suggestions?

Gananoque
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: GoOpti

Hello,

We used GoOpti to get from Ljubljana airport to Venice - that trip went ok, although we drove around for a good hour to pick different people up, before actually leaving for destination. But on the return trip from Venice to Ljubljana airport it was different. The driver took us as far as the bus station in Ljubljana, and said there was some sort of mix-up, we were forced to get out and had to get a taxi from the bus station to the airport. It cost us 50 Euros. When I tried to e-mail the company for a refund of 50 Euros no one ever contacted me, and I have not received an e-mail.

I DO NOT recommend this company.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Ljubljana, Slovenia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: GoOpti

The price of GoOpti transfer can vary depending on the day of the booking - earlyer you book, lower is the price, and on the bookings for that day. The first seats have lower prices, the last ones higher.

The booking has to be done online, using a credit card. If problems occures you can write us at info@goopti.com. We daily answer to all the e-mails. So it's very strange you didn't recieve any answer.

Can you please resend us you confirmational PDF, so we can check what happend during your transfer.

Otherwise if the booking has been done correctyl we should have taken you to the airport. Maybe there was some mistake during the booking, selecting the destinations or the time of latesst drop off or soonest pick up?

During the booking you have to be very carfull, selecting just one of the offerd times.

If you select the latest drop off, that means that you'll be at the destination at the selected hour or 4h before (4 hours time window). If you select the soonest pick up, that means the you can departure from the departure location or at selected hour or 4h later.

This is because of the Opti waiting window, that can be used in Opti transfer. If you would like to avoid the opti waiting window you can select our VIP service, where we pick you up at exact desired time.

For any additinal information or help, please write us at info@goopti.com.

Kind reagrds,

GoOpti Team

Edited: 21 November 2012, 11:33
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GoOpti

Hi GoOpti,

How much will it cost for VIP service for a trip to Bled from Venice in the morning and back to Venice at night on the same day for 2 adults. The purpose is a day trip to Bled from Venice.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Seattle...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: GoOpti

They are not reliable. They say they will pick you up at 5am and the day before they decide to pick you up at 4am!! and you arrive at destination 3hrs before you planned!!!!

Just to make clear that VIP is not VIP service. They just pick you up at the end once they have pickup all the others. Also in this case you say you want pick you up at 3pm, the day before they decide to pick you up at 2pm and You want be able to change it. But you just paid a VIP service.

We din't find these people very honest, contrary to the rest of the Slovenia population.

Edited: 04 January 2013, 11:36
Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
993 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: GoOpti

Hi Joseph!

Sorry you had a bad experience.

From what we know the GoOpti routes are sub contracted out to different transfer companies so you are dealing with a different local company on every route you choose.

Having said that, i think they all have the best intentions of providing a reliable service but the logistics of travel are never clear cut.

Have to admit though, we also find their pricing and different options a little confusing, so we're still trying to get our heads around those.

But yes, Slovenia is an awesome country with great people!

Greg and Rona

Seattle...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: GoOpti

Greg and Rona,

yes Slovenia is an awesome country with great people!!!

Unfortunately GoOpti is not.

J

Malta
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GoOpti

how is the best way to travel from venice to slovenia?

Reply to: GoOpti
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted