We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Lake Bled

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Venice to Lake Bled

Hi

I'm heading to Venice in July and then to Bled for a weekend and then back to Venice(that's where our return flight is from).

What is that best way of travelling between the two?

Thank you.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

Oh, and can some please recommend a good hotel on/close to the lake?

Bled
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

The best is probably to rent a car in Venice. It is 3.5 hours from Venice to lake Bled. Hotels closer to lake bled are Hotel Toplice and Park Hotel - ask for rooms with lake view.

If you are looking for private accomodation: (B&B - hotel or pension Berc - same family, 2 garni-pension www.berc-sp.si), family runed self catering perhaps apartments at Union (very large appartments)www.union-bled.com

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

Hi Ahiles

Thanks for your reply. Neither of us drive so can't rent a car. I was there before but travelled to Ljubiana and then onto Bled. Do trains run regularly from Venice to Ljubiana?

I remember the train was during the day? Does anyone have a time table or a website to check the times?

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

Hi,

you have two directions!

-via Ljubljana night 21.20h

and

-via Villach more trains/buses

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en…

If you will take via Villach is your exit station Lesce Bled(1st after Jesenice)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

Sorry, I've been away in New York for the past week.

Thanks for your reply.

I'd rather travel during the day. What are my options for that?

louisiana
Level Contributor
759 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

What about taking a ferry to piran or izola and then a train? or does that take longer?

louisiana
Level Contributor
759 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

I have also stayed at penzion and hotel berc and both are very good.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

Thanks for all the ideas so far.

I'm arriving in Venice on a Wednesday and then heading to Bled (hopefully) on the Friday morning. Then spend the weekend in Bled and head back to Venice on the Monday morning.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

I was in December from Bled to Venice by car and it was OK. The road taxes in Italy are aprox. 13 euro (to Venice and back) and you have to buy 6 month vignette for Slovenia which is 35 euro.

The Jadran hotel is OK if you are not very "precious", very clean, good food and the lake view is fantastic. Also the Park hotel is nice place to stay and of course Toplice hotel who is perfect but to expensive for me.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice to Lake Bled

I was looking on this website

www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml

It will get me from Venice to Lake Bled but it's 8 hours of travel. Does anyone know of a quicker route? I won't be driving so can't do that.