We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family holidays to Lake Bled

north west england
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Family holidays to Lake Bled

I am considering booking a family holiday to Lake Bled in August 2010. I wondered if anyone was able to inform me of activities in Bled suitable for children aged 14 and 10. Also considering Hotel Savica, would this be a good family choice. Finally what would the weather be like?

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

August in Bled is a summer hot month! Savica is a good choice. Many activities outside, and may be ziva spa in Golf hotel is free for Savica guests...

Bled
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

In summer you have plenty activities for kids to choose from: horseback riding, canoeing, hot air ballooning, rafting... Some of these activities are also part of the summer programme for children in the Savica hotel (surcharge).

Kids also love the summer toboggan run on the Straža hill right in the centre of Bled. From next summer on an adventure park for families will be opened on Straža hill so you can combine a visit to the park with a toboggan ride.

north west england
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

Many thanks to you both for your replies.

Lake Bled looks beautiful and Hotel Savica does seem to be a good family choice. The hotel activity programme sounds good and glad to hear August is a hot month.

I just need to go ahead with the booking!

Thank you once again for taking the time to respond.

Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
975 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

As they say, it will be hot so swimming in the lake might be top of your list.

There's plenty to do in the area as mentioned by others, but things like hot air ballooning etc might put a dent in the budget but fine if you can afford it.

A bike ride to Vintgar to see the gorge is always a fun family activity.

cheers.

north west england
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

Thanks for your reply, swimming in the lake would be great and of course inexpensive.

It sounds like there is lots to do in the area, so Lake Bled would be a good family choice.

Israel
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

Take a look

www.udiash.com

north west england
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

Thanks for the link and sharing your holiday experience.

Fantastic photographs as well.

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

Hi

We spent 5 nights in Lake Bled last November which was one of our trip highlights. All the things suggested above are good suggestions. Make sure you go to the Park Hotel by the lake and have coffee and cream cake. It's sooo good. Over the 5 days we were there I had a few more than one.

We stayed at a Pension behind the mountain in a small village only a ten minute walk to the lake. Probably the cleanest place I've ever stayed at and only recently built. I'll post the web site tomorrow night when I get home.

Regards

Greg

9. Re: Family holidays to Lake Bled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 05:15