We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

Which Bled hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Donegal
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

I'm traveling to Slovenia next week as part of a group of 4 and I'm wondering what the best form of transportation would be.

We will need to get from Ljubljana Airport to Bled first which I thought we would do by taxi. Can anyone recommend a company that I can contact and book for our arrival?

Next we're travelling down to Ljubljana. I think we'll do this by bus. Is the bus between Bled and Ljubljana direct and what times does it leave Bled at?

Finally we will need to get from Ljubljana to the Airport. For this journey I'm not sure whether to look for a taxi or get the bus, what do people recommend?

Thank you for any help

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

For for of you is the best to take a taxi!

contact www.bled-taxi.si my fellow taksi!

bled.taxi@gmail.com

The price for complete would be 40€! Each ten!

From Bled are buses each hour(7€)! Duration 75 minutes!

If you are 4, would be taxi 60€!

From Ljubljana you have two or three shuttles!

Ask allways taxi driver how much will cost complete! Allways!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

For the transport to/from the airport see:

lju-airport.si/eng/…bus

There are frequent, cheap and comfortable buses connecting Ljubljana and Bled and vice versa.

Edited: 23 June 2011, 22:46
Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

With a bus from the airport you have one bus change! If you are 4, is ordered taxi cheaper as shuttle!

co limerick
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

thinking of going to lake bled in july,would like to know how long is the transfer time from the airport,

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

35km, - 30minutes!

Donegal
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

Thanks for all the replies, I think I have all the information I need now and I'll let you all know how we get on

Donegal
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

So here's how we got on during our week in Slovenia

For the first part of the journey from the airport to Bled I booked a taxi transfer with Four Seasons Travel, http://www.bledtaxis.com. Graeme picked us up at the airport and left us off at the front door of the hotel. We couldn't have asked for better and I can highly recommend this company for transfers to Bled. Graeme was more than helpful on the trip to Bled, which took about 40 minutes.

To get to Ljubljana we decided to take the bus. This was very easy to find, took just over an hour and was €6.30 per adult and €3.15 for a child. There were taxi services there also to take you direct to Ljubljana for as little as €7 per person but they would only go if they had more than 6 people travelling.

The final part of our trip was getting from Ljubljana to the airport. We noticed in our hotel that there was a shuttle bus but when we asked about it we were told for the 4 of us it would be cheaper and easier to get a taxi, which the hotel organised for us.

With all our travel we found Slovenia very easy to get around with plenty of options just don't be afraid to ask people what's best when you're there.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

We are traveling from Bled, Slovenia to Vienna. Can anyone comment on the use of Four Seasons Travel Service. They offer a private car (mini-van?) and their price seems reasonable for private arrangements. I'm interested in experiences folks have had with this company.

Thanks!

Sussex
Level Contributor
24 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

I think that Four Seasons is the same as Bled Taxis (they do other services as well). If so, it is brilliant. We used them for many things on a trip to Slovenia and you can also see the comments above from joebloggs81.

10. Re: Transportation to Bled and Ljubljana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2012, 13:14