We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March - for Lake bled?

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
March - for Lake bled?

hi - just trying to figure out appropriate dates for 2010 visit. March seems like it would work best for us to travel to Slovenia, but is it too cold to enjoy Lake Bled?

My intentions is to be able to walk around the town maybe rent a bike an afternoon, etc. and not worry about being annoyed with a blustering cold weather.

So, how is the temps? Are the trees/foliage green or still 'dormant"?

Thanks greatly. :)

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March - for Lake bled?

In March can be still cold and snowy. Forget on bike, snow balling, skiing, sledding, skating and not to forget you can enjoy in hotel Golf spa...

Edited: 10 September 2011, 08:24
Brisbane
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: March - for Lake bled?

Hi Guys, I'm also planning to visit Lake Bled at the end of winter (March 2012), can anyone who has visited during this time describe what it was like? Also any other tips you have for visiting Slovenia would be great. Thanks!

Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
954 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: March - for Lake bled?

Gday Alex!

As Eagleman said, will probably still be cold so the slopes is the place to head. Definitely check out World Cup Skiing at Kranjska Gora (Mar 10/11) and once you've seen everything at lake Bled, try the cable to Vogel at lake Bohinj..that should keep you busy! :)

Cheers

Greg and Rona

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March - for Lake bled?

Yes usually winter here extends well into March/April, and its not even unheard of for snow at the beginning of May too. However, this year who knows. It is unseasonably 'green' at the moment - i.e. very little snow - although where I've just been walking up in the mountains there was enough of it! We had an extended autumn this year too so maybe the snow will come later.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: March - for Lake bled?

So you would still definitley recommend visting lake bled in the winter?

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March - for Lake bled?

I suppose it really depends on what you like doing. Bled, and its surroundings are pretty 'outdoor' type places - there's not that much to do indoors, all the beauty is to be found outdoors - walking/hiking, skiing, cycling, sightseeing etc. but all these things are also possible to do in the winter (except cycling) provided you have appropriate clothing and know where to go. Otherwise you can also make day trips from Bled to Ljubljana, to the caves, to the coast etc - nothing is so far away in Slovenia!

7. Re: March - for Lake bled?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Bled