We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car

Which Bled hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
443 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car

I am arriving in Slovenia on Friday. I was going to rent a car at the airport and drop it off in Trieste on Tuesday. However, since I am not going to be spending the first two days in Bled it was suggested that I take a taxi from the airport to Bled and then rent the car on Sunday in Bled. I have been told that what I want to see in Bled (the church, castle and town) don't require a car to get to. I am having trouble finding a rental car company that it open in Sunday in Bled. Any suggestions?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car

I found Eurocar to be most accomodating. I needed to pickup a car in Postjona (where they didn't have an agency). They actually delivered my car to my hotel (on time, I might add) and sent someone to Piran to pick it up (on time again, and on a Sunday) when I was finished. Can't complain about the service.

It might be a bit difficult to do a Trieste drop-off (Cross border). You might want to leave the car in Slovenia and take a bus from Piran/Potoroz to Trieste (takes about 1 hour). The bus station in Trieste is accross the road from the train station so you can easily continue your journey to Venice, although if you have the time, Trieste is a bit of a hidden gem of Europe, and is worthy of a visit.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
443 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car

I wonder if I can leave the car in Lipica and take a taxi across the boarder instead of dealing with a bus from Piran. That way I would be closer and I have no clue what the bus time tables are.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car

I think that car rental agency will not accept leavng a car in Lipica. Try to deal with a car rental agency about some extra fee for returning a car in Trieste. Drop off fee for leaving a car (from Slovene car rental agency) in Trieste is around 100€.

Car rental agencies in Slovenia will deiver the car to Postojna(hotel, apartment,...) for free if you will rent it for a week or more.

You can choose among different car rental agencies in Slovenia.

Check with Europcar Slovenia, Sixt Slovenia or even better Avant Car - Car Rental Slovenia which is the largest car rental company in Slovenia with newest car fleet.

4. Re: Renting a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:18