We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake view accommodation and other questions..

noosa
Level Contributor
339 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
lake view accommodation and other questions..

We would like to spend 3-4 days in Bled. We love hiking, good local food and cosy accommodation, preferably in a pension or B&B.

Trying to decide whether to hire a car from Austria to get to Bled or just use a bus from Klagenfurt? Any input on transport, walks, bike rides, other activities, Restaurants and places to stay appreciated.

Cheers!

1. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 23:05
Edited: 25 December 2012, 23:05
Sussex
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

We have stayed at Alp Pension which was very nice. It is easy to walk and cycle to many local places. Vintgar gorge is definitely worth a visit. You can do quite a lot without a car. Hiring bikes is easy. We also used Bled taxis for the odd excursion and airport transfers.

noosa
Level Contributor
339 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

Thanks Philip3. Alp Pension looks good. Do they provide bicycles by any chance?

Was also looking at GARNI HOTEL BERC and GARNI PENSION BERC - I don't think they have lake views - has anybody stayed there?

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

I stayed at the Garni in October. No lake views but I had a nice view over semi countryside and it's very good value. The owner was most helpful. He drove me to the entrance to the Vintnar Gorge since I was short of time. I was then able to walk back and still make it for my transfer to the airport. It looked to me as though most of the places on the lake were larger hotels from the Tito era and not very attractive.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

We stayed at the Pension Pletna and it has Lake views ( all rooms have fantastic view of the lake/island). The landlady Mojca is also very helpful with excursion maps and ideas. I second Philip, Vintgar Gorge is a must visit.

For transport, we hired a car from Ljubljana and drove around Slovenia. The experience was great!

ballarat
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

Hello Shatzie.

You could easily spend 4 days in Bled. So much to see in the area i would recomeend a car so you can see out lying areas> You can go to Lake Bohinj .Triglav national park has numerous trails for walking. If you have a car you will need a vignette pass for the toll roads.

Allan

Sussex
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

Pension Alp has bikes but you can also easily hire them in town

8. Re: lake view accommodation and other questions..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Bled
Recent Conversations