We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Singapore
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Hi, we are thinking of taking a day trip from ljubljana to Bled and visit Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj as well. Do you think we have sufficient time or do i need to stay in Bled?

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Start with a bus at 8.00h to from Lju., direct to Bohinj, sation Ribcev Laz, arr.9.59h! At so short time, you'll not go to waterfall Savica, even mountain Vogel ! Catch the same bus driving back on 10.49h, arr. 11.25h to Bled!

U must take taxi to Vintgar, at 13.30h you are back. Whole afternoon you can enjoy lake Bled. Than take a bus to Ljubljana back!

Possible!

If you wish up to mountain Vogel, bus station Vogel, 5 min walk up to the cable car station, u need 1 hour up&down with lift 1535m, at nice weather must!

Edited: 15 May 2013, 07:57
Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

It really depends what you want to see and do. It's possible but you will only be seeing things from afar and won't have time to walk much in Bohinj and explore further. But if you are only interested in sightseeing then its possible.

Singapore
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Thank you so much! we are staying a night at Pension & Apartments Gasperin. Hope to have more time..

Agra, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

i want to visit bled.Please let me know when it is the best time to visit there taking into consideration reasonable priced hotels and cheap air tickets and the nearest airport(for international flights).

Bled
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Hi for me is Bled amazing in May or June becouse a lot of green meadows and forest are there, temperature is not to high for going around.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

thanks for your reply.Please do let me know when there is tourist off season in bled so as to fined cheap hotels and cheap airline tickets and the nearest international airport from bled(name and distance).

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

In Bled is off season from October to 24. December and from mid January to end of May, some hotels and apartments even mid June. Nearest airport is Brnik (Letališče Jožeta Pučnika 25 km), Klagenfurt in Austria is near or Trieste and Venice in Italy. You should try to find some tickets at low budget company.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Sorry Marko, Airport Ljubljana is 35km far from Bled. There is a shuttle to Bled. And I think hostels and smaller pensions will be not much cheaper, they are so or so! Low prices hotels are Garni Bojana, Trst, Krim, hostel TravellersHaven, vila Gorenka, 1004, Jazz... all central. Other you can find on

http://www.bled.si/en/accommodation

look price list for 2013!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

thanks for your reply.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is one day enough for Lake Bled, Vintgar Gorge & Bohinj?

Hi, I would like to know, if I can go to Vintgar by bike and where I rent one.

Edited: 01 August 2013, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Bled