We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking fine

Malta Europe
2 posts
Save Topic
Parking fine

Just back from a week in Bled. We parked on the road where there were serveral other cars parked and on return found a ticket stuck on the screen. The wording is all in slovenian. From google translate it looks like a parking ticket from a warden. It says that if I pay within 8 days (today is the 7th day) I can pay half of it. Problem is it includes what looks like a BIC but no IBAN. How can I pay it? I was driving a car rented in Italy.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking fine

If you pay your fine in 8 days there's usually a 50% discount. After 8 days you will have to pay the full price or face possible inconveniences - Slovenia and Malta are both parts of EU and you may be forced to pay the fine in Malta.

Malta Europe
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking fine

Thanks Marjan for reply ... issue is how do I pay it if there is no IBAN number only a BIC?

UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking fine

There has to be an IBAN, because BIC alone isn't enough. It probably starts with SI56-xxxx... If you'd scan or photograph the ticket, we can help you out properly. Just hide any possible personal information.

Edited: 14 September 2013, 14:52
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking fine

They may not have updated their tickets yet, so they might still have the old account number written there (15 digits), before we started using IBAN. You turn that acount number into an IBAN by adding SI56 to the front of it. So for example 01100-1234567890 is in IBAN form SI56 011001234567890.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking fine

Just noticed you rented the car in Italy. If the fine isn't too big, don't worry about it. Cross-border fine collection is quite expensive so if the fine is small, it's not worth the time and cost for the authorities to try and collect it.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking fine

I hope that you were given a good advice in the last post. Unfortunatelly I know some cases where the judicial taxes, the interest and some additional fines for the delayed payment were several times larger than the original fine.

Edited: 16 September 2013, 11:16
Ormskirk, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking fine

I agree with MarjanJerman above (in response number 6), querying whether the advice was good; I think rtt0921 has given dodgy advice here (in response number 5), which makes me wonder how reliable any other advice is that he/she has provided on TA. Not paying the fine is breaking the law, and to suggest someone does that is, to me, a greater offence.

P.S. I have reported response number 5 to TA as being inappropriate.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 23:50
8. Re: Parking fine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:16