We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to: Bled

Florence, Italy
1 post
Save Topic
how to: Bled

I've just uncovered Bled and I'm dying to go! Only one problem, I really don't know how to go about it. Do I fly in (from Florence)? or train? Will I need to rent a car? I just need Bled 101. (Also I'm living on a student budget)

Mentioned in this post
Bled
Bled
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,407 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to: Bled

A car would be the best option.

Unfortunately there are no train connections between Slovenia and Italy. A combination of flights would be too complicated and too expensive.

It's probably the best idea to take a train to Venice/Trieste and then use GoOpti service to Ljubljana/Bled.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Trieste
Trieste
Province of Trieste, Italy
GoOpti
GoOpti
366 Reviews
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Bled
Bled
Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to: Bled

In Venice/Mestre take a train to Gorizia, there is a 2 km to Nova Gorica, catch a local train to BledJezero.

Or from Florence find on

fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/dn…

a good connection to Villach/Austria and change train to direction Slovenia/Jesenice/LesceBled.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Villach
Villach
Carinthia, Austria
3. Re: how to: Bled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 06:18