We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triglav national park

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Triglav national park

Hi, we will be travelling to Slovenia and would want to visit triglav and its peaks and Bohinj too. We have a kid of 2 years and hence we drive. So we would not hike into triglav.

- What are the places we can visit inside Triglav, its too huge i know. but to see some of the best views.

- can w drive to Bohinj directly??

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
204 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Triglav national park

You can stay in Bohinj or Bovec. Both are pleasant little towns, accesable by car or bus. There are multiple easy walks around both towns. When my kids were younger (0 to 3) yrs we carried them in special backpack (deuter kid III), so we were able to do hikes up to 2 hrs one way. I am sure you kids will love whichever place you choose.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Triglav national park

We stay in Bled and we will drive from there.

What the places we can see inside Triglav national park apart from Bohinj.

Also, does Bohinj have a separate entrance or use the same entranc as Triglav national park.

and is the vintar gorge inside triglav national park?

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Triglav national park

Triglav National Park is not like some other national parks in other countries because it doesn't have an entrance area where you have to pay - it is just a large protected area of forests, mountains and natural beauty, which covers a wide area. There are some rules within the park i.e. no wild camping, lighting fires etc. but apart from that you can go into the park areas anywhere that is not private.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
204 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Triglav national park

If you are staying in Bled, I suggest you drive to lake Bohinj (20 to 30 minutes). You can swim in the lake ( provided it is warm enough). There are several kids friendly options in Bohinj:

take cable cart to mount Vogel and hike on the platoue,

Mostnica canyon hike - it takes less than an hour to reach end of canyon and another to reach Mostnica waterfall ( I advise you take backack to carry the kids if necessary)

Drive to Pokljuka platoe and hike to Planina Konjscica (in the summer horses are grazing there) or Planina Zajamnik

Drive to planina Blato (parking fee) and hike to Planina pri jezeru.

All placez mentioned above have mountain huts selling warm food and drinks and cows are grazing freely which usually appeals to children. During the summer you can pick wild blueberries, strawberries and raspberries (provided that they were not picked by others).

You could also drive to Bovec from Bled via Vrsic pass. You will drive along upper Soca valley, which is one of most beautifull places in Slovenia. There are also many easy hiking trails there, suitable for kids.

Please note that you should concider weather forecast before wandering into mountains, take some water (in case hou get lost), a map, charged GSM with you. All places I mentioned are well visited, but there are tourists getting lost in our mountains every year:-)

Try to google placea I mentioned and let me know if you have any further questions.

5. Re: Triglav national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bled