We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bled - vintgar - savica - bohinj ( possible in a day??)

Bangalore
Level Contributor
100 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
bled - vintgar - savica - bohinj ( possible in a day??)

Hi

I am trying to evaluate the possibility of the following day trip. on public transport or car during the last week of June:

Start to bled @ 6 am. Reach viz bus at 730. 2.5 hours at lake bled and castle by 10.

Depart from bled jezero to podhom and then walk to vintgar. Complete visit and return to bled ( is there any way to go from vintgar to savica directly???)by 1

Travel from bled to bohinj z by hoping off at savica. Visit waterfall and depart to lake bohinj by 3.

Reach lake bohinj and walk around lake. Complete visit and return to Ljubljana in the 7pm bus.

Also I am unable to figure the ticket pricing for 2 for these legs,. Only the route appears on the website, not the price. How do we block tickets or with the driver directly?

Based on my assessment of the usage of the car, should work to about euro 60 including additional driver, gas and GPS. Would it work any better with public transport?

I am evaluating the bus option mainly coz we arrive at Europe the previous day add BNC do anticipate some jet lag 😁

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bled - vintgar - savica - bohinj ( possible in a day??)

You will find both bus lines on

www.alpetour.si/index.php…

put Bled - Slap Savica (3x)

and Bled Vintgar (2x)

and to Ljubljana on

http://www.ap-ljubljana.si/eng/

Its depend of your planing!

Bangalore
Level Contributor
100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bled - vintgar - savica - bohinj ( possible in a day??)

Thanks. Juat curious but is it necessary to block the tickets or can to buy from the driver? Have heard that blocking tickets or collecting from the box office results in an additional 1.5 euro for each tix?

Also, from your experience do you think my plan is feasible on bus... Subject to sticking to the timings or just go with the bus? Thinking that it makes sense to go with a weekday than weekend trip. . Any thoughts?

3. Re: bled - vintgar - savica - bohinj ( possible in a day??)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 06:17