We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro Exchange

Which Bohinjsko Jezero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Euro Exchange

Hi, I'm going to Ukanc next week and wanted to know whether it's best to take my GB pound stirling and exchange it to Euros when I get out there, or change it in the UK.

I can get an exchange rate of 1.13 to the pound today.

Thanks in advance!

Nikita

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro Exchange

Have your money in your bank and use atm's!

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro Exchange

Hi Nikita,

Generally I find I get a better rate exchanging Sterling cash for euros out in Slovenia rather than here. I know you can get euros are the Gorenjska Bank in Bohinjska Bistrica, and there is definitely a cash point at the post office in Srednja vas. I'm sure there are number of other ways.

If you need to use plastic, this article tells you the cheapest way to do it.

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-mo…

See you at the Ball!

Adriaan

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro Exchange

Hey,

I know i get charged by my bank 3% on a debit card for cash withdrawals abroad and they rip me off with the rate (I learnt this last time I went to Italy).

Anyone know whether the banks in Slovenia charge commision?

Thanks for your replies!

Nikita

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro Exchange

Oh yes, I forgot! See you at the Cow Ball :D

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro Exchange

Hi Nikita,

Time to get a new card I think! :-)

I don't remember being charged a commission by Gorenjska (which btw is just across the road from the big Mercator supermarket) but can certainly confirm that I received more money than I could obtain at home.

If needs be, I'll be doing the same again.

See you at the Cow Ball! Have a lovely honeymoon and don't be shy to introduce yourselves - I'll happily buy you both a drink to celebrate.

Best wishes

Adriaan

6. Re: Euro Exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2010, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Bohinjsko Jezero