We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Log Pod Mangartom

UK
8 posts
Log Pod Mangartom

Has anyone ever stayed at the Motel Encijan in Log pod Mangartom? We're two 50 something adults and 2 teenagers (16 and 17) and have booked this motel for 2 nights to end a two week holiday in Venice, Istria, and Bled as it looked peaceful and quiet, before heading back to Trieste to fly back to the UK.

Also any advise about walks in the area that's not too strenuous! We will have a car

Thanks

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

Hi

Log Pod Mangortom is only a small village - there is one tiny shop and a couple of places to stay but the area is really beautiful and steeped in history. There are plenty of places you can walk though most of them will involve hills! If you're interested in history you can find out lots about the battle for the Soca Front and you can visit the Kluze and Herman forts and walk around there. You will also be close to Bovec, you can easily walk around here and you have the amazing green Soca River and there are more facilities here, restaurants, shops etc. If you have time you could also visit Kobarid, the museum there is very interesting and there is a walk you can take that follows the history and sights.

Its a great area to base yourself. I would advise to look at the Bovec tourist info site www.bovec.si for more info. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

Oh and sorry no, I don't know the Encijan

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

If you have a plan in the heart of mountains, do it!

UK
8 posts
4. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

This sounds fantastic and a peaceful way to end what is going to be a busy holiday. Just what I was looking for. Thanks. Mountains, history, and a beautiful river - perfect!

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

YES, you get mountains, peace, beautifull river.

I spent few days end of April 2009 in Log pod Mangartom, just 200 meters from hotel Encijan. I met owner of the hotel but haven't been in the hotel.

In the same village is nicer hotel, HOTEL ŠOLA. Owner of the hotel organizes also canyoning in the village. If you stay in Encijan, visit hotel ŠOLA and ask for their offer for the canyoning.

BOVEC; famous village, is just 10 km from Log pod Mangartom. www.bovec.si

You will find a lot of history from the 1st WW in the area.

I would suggest you to walk from Log pod Mangartom to the Fortress downstream the river.

BTW: In 2000 was a big landslide and it washed away a lot of houses in village and killed 7 villagers in Log pod Mangartom!

If you find time, visit KOBARID, 30 km from Log pod Mangartom (downstream).

There ia a lot of places to walk. Some can be very difficult but on the top you get great views as a reward. There is still snow on the top of the hills.

Heswall, Wirral
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

I would love to hear how your stay went as I have just booked 3 nights in this hotel. We are a family and I chose this hotel as it had some facilities for our kids to entertain themselves a little (I hope!)

UK
8 posts
7. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

We really enjoyed it. We had the family room which I thought was going to be 4 beds in one room, but it was more like an apartment with two bedrooms (OK one was off the other) kitchenette/dining room with TV. Sofa a bit strange and kept rolling away from the wall. Very clean. Weather was great, quite hot in the day but nice and cool in the evening - good for sleeping and no mosquitos! It is on the main road to Austria so there is some traffic noise, with trucks quite early, but not too bad.

The water in the swimming pool was nippy to say the least but not unbearable and refreshing after a dip in the hot tub which the owner stokes up each evening (heated by a charcoal fire). Didn't use the tennis courts but rather derelict.

Breakfast included in price though on my booking form it said it wasn't and typically cold meats, local cheeses, etc though I did notice some guests had fried eggs. Didn't have the evening meal preferring to go into Bovec. There is a local place to eat next door or to have a beer, which looked good and non-touristy.

At first I thought the owner was very standoff-ish but I realised it was because his English isn't very good. We had arranged white water rafting in Bovec (and had a blast!) so don't know if the Motel organises anything.

Walk up the road to the old mine - the history is really intersting and there is a WW1 cemetery there which is very poignant.

Best of all was the view of the mountains while you're lying in the hot tub.

Heswall, Wirral
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

Thanks for taking time to reply. We love Slovenia and can't wait to enjoy this area we haven't yet explorded first hand.

9. Re: Log Pod Mangartom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 05:15