We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Bovec

UK, Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Walking from Bovec

Bovec has been recommended, by a keen kyaker, but we are walkers. Thinking June 13, is it a good option, or is the place just too 'sporty'. (We are 50-65, by the way, bu v good walkers!)

4 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Bovec

Bovec is ideal for walkers.

Small and friendly plus good routes to walk for all ages and experiences. June is just the right time of year too. There are not that many Brits any more but until recently both Thomson and Crystal holidays used the resort specifically for walking holidays and all of their clients were 40 - 85. There are still a few travel companies that organise holidays there from the UK, so go online and check them out . If you need any recommendations on accommodation etc, just ask.

I think it is worth the effort to get there and you won't be disappointed.

UK, Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Bovec

Thanks, that's great.

Anything you could recommend then on an apartment for 4, in town?

Also, if we wanted a second week somewhere, still walking/sightseeing (we are not lie on the beach people), any reccommends. Would you stay around Slovenia, or maybe go into Croatia?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Bovec

Hi, Yes there are many apartments around the town area.

www.bovec-hotels-apartments.info

bovec-hotels-apartments.info/bovec-apartment…

The second link shows an apartment very close to the centre but slightly set back from the main road.

For the second week, it's difficult for me to be objective because I am very pro slovenia and therefore recommend that you stay there. If you like to go somewhere not on the beaten track yet still with enough to see and do then I recommend the second week in the wine growing region of goriska brda. There are some great farm houses with accommodation and also so very good quality apartments.

www.brda.si

Hope this helps

4. Re: Walking from Bovec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 November 2012, 07:50

Reply to: Walking from Bovec
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted