We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Ski Hire shops in KG

Devon
3 posts
Save Topic
Good Ski Hire shops in KG

I am taking my family to KG for the first time on March 1st. We are staying at the Hotel Alpina. Could anyone recommend a good ski hire shop or two near there - I'd like to pre-book some skis directly with them before I arrive if I can. I can find their contact details if you can supply me their names.

Many Thanks.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Ski Hire shops in KG

They are 3-4! One is from Ski-club, oteh is Bernik, ski rent!

look:

http://www.intersport-bernik.com/en/

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Ski Hire shops in KG

Hi not sure if it's the same one but friends of ours rented there skis from the Intersport hire shop outside the hotel Larix on the front of the slopes and were very pleased with them. We pre-booked superior skis and boots through Inghams, never again... the hire shop was the furthest away from the slopes, it was the smallest I'd ever seen and the equipment wasn't superior or otherwise. My boots were mens boots that were the most uncomfortable I've had and they couldn't change them because they didn't have my size.. we don't usually pre-book and not sure why we did on that occasion but I'd recommend you avoid the shop, as I said it's the last hire shop in town!!

England
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Ski Hire shops in KG

Just returned from KG and hired our skis when we arrived from the intersport shop opposite the Prisank hotel which would be the closest to your hotel.One of our group had trouble getting comfortable boots but they sent us to the other intersport shop,which is a short walk away and they managed to sort him out.

Have a great holiday, we enjoyed ours.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Ski Hire shops in KG

Hello

I'm from Devon as well. We've been to KG lots of times. We've found the Intersport Bernik to be the most reliable. They have several offices. The easiest one to order everything from is the main office at the bottom of the Dolencev Rut chairlift. In this building you can hire skis as well as book lessons. They also have ski lockers you can hire in the basement if you dont want to carry your skis backwards and forwards. There are toilets in the basement of the building which you can use during the day if you need to come back. you could ask them for prices and so on directly by contacting them via their website at:

http://www.intersport-bernik.com/en/

Hope this is helpful. Please get back to me if you need to ask anything.

Devon
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Ski Hire shops in KG

Many thanks for the great advice (SiEagle, Ohdear8, Bettieboo and Travelling2007) - I'm now in touch with intersport-bernik who most of you have recommended.

6. Re: Good Ski Hire shops in KG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Kranjska Gora