We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing holiday

Clevedon, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
skiing holiday

We are considering this area for jan 2013 and would like to know the cost of ski packages and also a large beer and spirits. Also coffee & tea

Many thanks for your help and advice

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skiing holiday

http://www.skipasstravel.si/index.php?lang=en

kr-gora.si/en/skipass_pricelist_for_2011_12

cup of coffee or tea 1 - 2€

a beer 0,5 L 2-3€ !

Edited: 08 November 2012, 12:46
Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
946 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: skiing holiday

Hi Shaz!

Yes, Kranjska Gora is a great choice for a ski break and its a cute little town as well!

January is great time to visit as Xmas and February can be very full indeed!

Check out the Hotel Vijolica for great accommodation only metres from the chairlift and ask what special offers they have for January.

www.hotel-vijolica.com/en/ugodnosti.php

Eating in KG is also a treat. The portions at the Pri Martinu are crazy and the pizzas are fanastic at the Kotnik! As Eagleman said, drink prices are very good with beers and spirits very cheap to buy in supermarkets as well.

have a great holiday!

Greg and Rona

Edited: 09 November 2012, 05:27
northumberland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: skiing holiday

Hi

I have just booked for a week at the Alpina hotel January 12th 2013- me and two kids (15 & 13)- we are intermediate good skiers and hope to have a great time here!- will be looking for lots of tips in the few months ahead!

Can you get English newspapers?- what is the price of Whiskey in the supermarkets! (as kids usually in bed early and i like a dram or too!)- much to do after ski? on an evening?

any help appreciated!

thanks

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skiing holiday

No you won't be able to get English newspapers - well in all the years I've been living here I've not seen them other than at some of the larger tourist offices i.e. Bohinj, and for extortionate prices - but surely you can survive a week without an english paper when you will be here skiing and being kept busy! KG is not a big place and pretty quiet out of season i.e. now, however in January when it is peak skiing season, there should be stuff going on.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: skiing holiday

thanks for the reply!

Yes i think i will manage without a newspaper! Its just if the kids are tired and away to bed early (8 ish)- i dont expect much to be on tv in English, so wondered what i could read- Ill bring a book!

Hopefully we will find something going on to keep us busy till about 10pm!

Thanks again

appreciated!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: skiing holiday

You'll get many TV programmes in English. Don't worry about that :)

Enjoy your holidays :)

northumberland
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: skiing holiday

thanks again luka K- appreciated!

8. Re: skiing holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Kranjska Gora