We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

yorkshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

We are travelling to Slovenia in June of this year and we want to spend a couple of nights in Ljubljana and then spend around 5 nights at Lake Bohinj. What is the best way to get there. Can you do the trip by bus and how much would it be.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

Yes bus is the best way! Each hour from Busstation Ljubljana(aprx.10euros)!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,892 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

Bus is the easiest option, may have to change buses in Bled for Lake Bohinj. Enjoy your stay!

Malta
Level Contributor
341 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

I would like to visit lake Bohinj and Savica waterfall. Which bus stop would I need to choose from the bus schedule ?

Ljubljana, Slovenija
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

What would be your starting point geomang?

Malta
Level Contributor
341 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

I think I've sorted out this by now. I will be first visiting Savica waterfall and have been told to stop near Hotel Zlatorog for this.

Ljubljana, Slovenija
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

This sound okay, yes. I guess the hotel is the last bus station. From there you'll have a shot walk - aprx 30 min walking as I recall...

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
644 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

If you get off at Hotel Zlatarog in Ukanc then the walk is about 1 hour to the car park (where you can get tickets) and a further 30 mins from there. I do not know if the bus would get you to the car park. Remember you'll also have the hour and a half to walk back down again. There is a small cafe in the car park.

Malta
Level Contributor
341 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

Thanks a lot.

9. Re: Ljubljana to Lake Bohinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 00:20