We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

Yesterday Christmas market was opened. All Ljubljana is in lights, all colours.

If you have any comments on it, questions, complaints etc, please post it here.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

Hi Annette, we are coming to ski in Kranjska Gora on 20th Dec and would like to visit the market and Ljubljana one day but would like to know if it's easy to get transport and is it very far from KG and of course will the market still be there.

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

Market will be opened until the end of this year.

On the site http://www.ap-ljubljana.si/eng/ I got an information, that you have allmost every hour busses from KG to LJ. The bus drive takes 2 hours and then you walk few minutes from LJ bus station to the market. Last bus from LJ to KG leaves at 19:30.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

Many thanks Annette for your reply, I think 2 hours is a long time each way but as there are 4 of us we might invest in a taxi... thank you for the web link.

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

I would suggest you taxi driver DAMJAN. He speaks good english and has fair prices. You can contact him on 00 386 41 689 121 or from a hotel in Slovenia 041 689 121. If not else, check his price and check price of taxi drivers in Kranjska gora.

Here is his internet site:

http://www.zrihtaj.si/index-en.html

where you have the other phone number and e-mail address.

You can mention to him that GORAZD from LJUBLJANA gave you the information.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

Thank you so much Annette.. I'll print your reply and take it with us and should we decide to get a taxi we will most certainly use him.. thanks again for all your help!

6. Re: FYI: Christmas market opened in Ljubljana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 07:17