We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljana to Belgrade by train or coach

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ljubljana to Belgrade by train or coach

Hi, I'm visiting Ljubljana for the first time next month, and then need to get to Belgrade for a return flight to England. I know the train fare is given as 44 euros by Slovenia rail, but does anyone know whether I would need to buy the ticket in advance and reserve seats, both for direct trains and also there is an early morning train whose times would suit me well where I would have to change in Vinkovci?

Alternatively, is there a daily coach service between the two and how would I find out about this?

Many thanks

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ljubljana to Belgrade by train or coach

For a train you do not need to reserve in advance. Just go to the railway station Ljubljana before the train is leaving Ljubljana, buy ticket and wait for the train.

There are also busses from Ljubljana to Belgrade. On the site www.ap-ljubljana.si I found listed 3 daily busses, leaving Ljubljana at 10:00, 19:45 and 22:25. The journey takes approx. 8 hours. Ticket costs 37 EUR.

But I know there are also private bus companies going towards Belgrade and then continuing for Macedonia. Companies are NIS EXPRESS, HISAR, DRD.

If you will be using ap-ljubljan.si keep in mind that Belgrade is in Slovenian language Beograd.

Just come here and get more info on the bus station which is together with railway station.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ljubljana to Belgrade by train or coach

Adria and JAT used to fly to Belgrade at a very reasonable price (about 100 EUR). Last year I bought a return ticket for 150 EUR. The trains are unfortunately very slow, late and smelly.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ljubljana to Belgrade by train or coach

hi i would like to know if i can gt a coach from ether koper or Ljubljana to go on a round trip to vienna, bratislava and budapest. thanks

4. Re: Ljubljana to Belgrade by train or coach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Ljubljana