We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ljubljana and lake bled in winter

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ljubljana and lake bled in winter

want to go somewhere snowy and oldy worldy in jan, is ljubljana and a trip to lake bled a good choice for this

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ljubljana and lake bled in winter

This year a harsh winter is predicted. So you have a good chance to experience a true winter in Ljubljana and at Bled.

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ljubljana and lake bled in winter

Lake Bled and the rest of the nature in Slovenia is beautifull in the winter, if there is a snow. You can also skate on the lake.

If you are choosing between Lake Bled and Ljubljana, keep in mind, that they are only 45-50 minutes driving away from each other. Therefore think about what you want to do all days as you will not spend days on Bled. It is a small town and you will see it all in one day.

Ljubljana is based more central in Slovenia and from Ljubljana you can reach a lot of attractions in one hour.

Caernarfon, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ljubljana and lake bled in winter

I spent 5 days working in Bled at the beginning of February and loved the place. It's true that it's a small town but this adds to the beauty. The locals are very friendly.

I recommend you visit the castle - the country’s highest. The view is well worth walking up the hill in thick snow.

For good Mexican food and atmosphere I recommend The Chilli Bar.

And if you are trying to get from Bled to L'jana, I'm sure this guy could help - Joze Kuralt. He did a taxi service for us and knows the whole area very well. He has contacts across the border in Hungary and Italy also.

If you email him, I'm sure he'll be able to offer a competitive rate as he has an 8-seater van. Tell him the Welsh film crew recommended him. info@ats.si

4. Re: ljubljana and lake bled in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 05:16