We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Odense, Denmark
Level Contributor
91 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Planning to travel from Austria to Ljubljana in the end of May and continue from there to Rovinj in Croatia before going to Venice.

Has anybody got any advice on how to get to Rovinj from Ljubljana? Will I have to go to Triest first? By train or bus? And what from there?

Please note that summer schedules are often not valid before June.

Thnks in advance!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
644 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Hi, it was a modern comfortable European sedan with all the latest safety features - we can't remember the model. I'm sure they have various sized cars depending on number of people travelling. It was just the 2 of us and from memory, think the cost was approximately €200 - that included transport and private tour guide for a full day. We paid for lunch along the way (think I posted a photo in original review)...we offered to pay for our guide's lunch too - she chose a set menu which wasn't expensive. Another additional cost was our entrance fee to a separate cave tour (it was better than we expected). All other sites we visited were free, for example, we viewed from the outside an amazing castle almost carved into a cliff face; there was an option to pay to go inside but we had already been inside many castles the week before and our guide indicated that it would probably be a similar experience. We hope this helps with your travel plans.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

And do you remember how much was the tour cost? Thanks so much.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
52 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Hi, how much did it cost? Thanks so much.

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

In July & August you have a bus from Ljubljana to Rovinj!

ep. 13.45h Arriva bus daily

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Hi, im trying to find that tour. That leaves from Rovinj to Ljubljana. Do you remember the name? I cant seem to find it online

Thakss

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

I had also some problems, but on

http://www.ap-ljubljana.si/shop.php

are some more....

Edited: 07 August 2014, 09:30
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Planning a trip in May 2015, is there daily bus from Ljubljana to Rovinj?

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Next year?!

Take from Lju. a bus to Portorož, than taxi to Umag, bus to Rovinj....

I show you slovenian bus time table and here is croatian

http://www.autobusi.hr/home/

Edited: 07 August 2014, 15:08
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Thank you.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
644 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ljubljana to Rovinj, Croatia

Hello. It was actually a private day trip from Rovinj to Ljubljana that we arranged through Roundabout Travel (they're based in Ljubljana) and we noticed they organised day trips from L to Croatia so we just asked them via email if they could do the trip in the reverse direction ie. pick us up from Rovinj, take us on a day trip to see the sights/have a nice lunch on the way to Ljubljana. We also booked another day trip to Lake Bled & that all went very well too. So we think they are very flexible and will discuss & cost your requirements. Hope this is helpful and you enjoy your holiday too.

Get answers to your questions about Ljubljana