We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cafeteria in Ljubljana?

Utica, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Cafeteria in Ljubljana?

I visited Ljubljana a few times many years ago and I discovered a very simple, inexpensive cafeteria in the city just off one of the main streets. It was in an alleyway and served very basic, traditional, Slovene food that tasted exactly like what my grandmother used to make here in the US when I was a child. Does the cafeteria still exist? If so, what is the exact location? Thanks.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cafeteria in Ljubljana?

I may be wrong, buy, you are probably describing Daj-Dam in Cankarjeva street (now there's a Zara shop), an inexpensive place with no-nonsense Slovenian & former Yu food. The place was closed down more than 15 years ago.

You can still get good Slovenian food at reasonable prices at Šestica and Figovec which are only a few steps away. On some days it is also possible to get inexpensive Slovene lunch at Emonska klet (in the basement of the Ursuline church) or at the Maximarket canteen (in the basement of Maxi).

Edited: 11 June 2012, 19:22
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cafeteria in Ljubljana?

There's a wonderful article about the closed down charismatic Ljubljana inns at:

www.pogledi.si/druzba/gostilne-ki-jih-ni-vec

(unfortunately in Slovenian only)

Edited: 11 June 2012, 19:32
Utica, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cafeteria in Ljubljana?

Hvala!

4. Re: Cafeteria in Ljubljana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:17