We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

I am planning on visiting Ljubljana at the end of September and was wondering about the traffic situation on Friday afternoons or Saturday mornings. I was going to spend a night or two in Bled before finishing my short trip in Slovenia, but am worried about driving into the capital. Could anyone shed any light on the traffic at those times?

Also, is it worth it to stay in Bled for a night or two, instead of basing myself in Ljubljana and just doing a day trip? Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Bled
Bled
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
58 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

Well, if you like nature and relaxed atmosphere, better stay on Bled. Especialy, if you do not plan to take other day trips. If you plan to take some other trip in opposite direction, it's better to stay in Ljubljana.

Mentioned in this post
Bled
Bled
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,400 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

It is more convenient to stay in Ljubljana. It takes about 45 minutes to get from Ljubljana to Bled and the road is excellent. Driving in Ljubljana is not problematic. It may be a challenge to find a free parking. However, there are plenty reasonably priced payable car parks available.

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Bled
Bled
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

Thanks for the responses! Not sure what I've decided, but feel a little more comfortable either way

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
389 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

http://www.lpt.si/en/parkings/

glasgow
Level Contributor
104 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

Hi,

I was a bit nervous doing the drive as I hate city driving abroad. However, Ljubljana was absolutely no problem, its well signposted and the roads were fairly quiet (we drove out of the city at rush hour on a Monday and it was fine). Also, I found drivers throughout Slovenia to be very courteous. Agree with above though, free parking is a bit of a problem but some hotels offer parking at an additional fee.

Hope this helps,

Deb.

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
6. Re: Traffic Driving into Ljubljana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 06:15