We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Campsites in Slovenia

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Campsites in Slovenia

As we're planning on touring in our motorhome for between 4-6 weeks in Slovenia can anyone give any info on campsites please. For instance in May/June can we just turn up? Also is it legal to do the odd wildcamping?

Also would we have to pre book the ferry from Trieste or can we just arrive and book (we wouldn't mind if we had to wait a day or two)

Thanks Teene

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

www.slovenia.info/en/Motorhome-stops.htm…

It depends on the area and specific campsite. MOst of them you can just turn up but in the really busy tourist regions then it would be as wise to reserve in advance. As for the wild camping, not sure if it's allowed but people do do it. I would say keep out of triglav national park area and don't light fires or damage the nature or leave litter and you should be ok.

You didn't say which ferry from Trieste. May June shouldn't be too much of a problem so long as it isn't a weekend or bank holiday.

UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

About wild camping. I just did a quick search about this, dug up the specific law about this and even found it on the website of the police, so info should be pretty solid.

Camping on public property, unless specifically reserved for camping, is forbidden. Naturally, areas where camping is explicitly forbidden (such as Triglav National Park) is not allowed either. I'm not sure if parking at a public parking lot and sleeping in your motor home would count as camping, but I wouldn't do it just in case.

Camping on private property is allowed, if you get permission from the owner. Doesn't have to be a written one. Getting caught camping on private property can get you fined around 90€ and you can then get fined separately for other things as well, such as littering, open flame in wooded area etc. and it can add up to a substantial amount.

Generally the cops don't drive around looking for wild campers but are called by the owner of the property. They might be a bit more vigilant in touristy areas tho.

I was reading about this a while back (will try to find a link) on a forum and apparently most land owners will call the cops on wild campers, because they usually leave behind a mess in the form of litter everywhere. However the same people will allow camping if you ask in advance and promise you won't make a mess.

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

hi teene I have put this link on other forums http://www.furgovw.org/mapa_furgoperfecto.php

just click on location on map then click on info use google translate

hope this helps have a good trip.

there is also a good website for the uk wildcampingformotorhomes

Norwich
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

Thank you for your quick replies :) we are looking forward to our trip so much because for the first time ever we haven't got to hurry back as our two week holiday is over, ahh bliss, we can't wait to retire in 6 weeks time. I'm going to check the links out now and if I have any more questions i'll be back :)

We are a mature couple and don't light fires and never ever leave rubbish so we'll be sure to be responsible and ask first.

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

Ones I was playing and made a map of camping sites in Slovenia. It should be all of them here:

zemljevid.najdi.si/maps/location/nmap.jsp…

Please reply if you are happy with the map.

Norwich
Level Contributor
152 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

Thank you Anette?? We'll be able to plan our trip a lot easier with this. You're a star x

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

I know you have probably been by now, but from a bicycle tour, I can recommend Camping Sobec, in Lesce, near Bled. Camping Bled, by the lake, which is in such an amazing location you really shouldn't miss it, and the one whose name I forget, by Lake Bohinj at Ukranc. Motorhomes often park in the carpark opposite Hotel Zlatarog at Ukranc, which seems to be OK if you book a meal in the hotel (recommended, lovely organic food).

8. Re: Campsites in Slovenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 06:20