We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ljubljana to Budapest

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
93 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Ljubljana to Budapest

Planning on doing two tours back to back. Need to go from Ljubljana to Budapest for the next tour. Googled for a flight and was surprised they go via Istanbul, a 7 hour flight. Can anyone give advice on the best way between these two cities. Many thanks Keith.

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
93 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ljubljana to Budapest

Since posting the above question have looked further on this forum and seen it would probably be best to catch the train. 39 euro against about 220 euro good enough reason. So to change my question a bit, after reading the other posts, do we just turn up at the train station and buy our tickets. How many times a day do the trains leave. Thanks Keith

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ljubljana to Budapest

For 49€ you have only one direct train! Via Zagreb, Croatia

slo-zeleznice.si/en/…hungary

and you can find via Vienna by Austrian RW

http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/dn

Edited: 02 April 2013, 18:06
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ljubljana to Budapest

I just found really cheap airfare on Adria Airways from Ljubljana to Vienna. It's as low as $37.00 OW! I will then take the train from Vienna to Budapest. It's a 3 hour train trip compared to 10 hours on the train from LJU to BUD. Look at CheapOAir website. If you're traveling in July or Aug, the fare is higher. Good luck.

4. Re: Ljubljana to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:16