We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend in Slovenia

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Long Weekend in Slovenia

Hello,

I live in Sofia, Bulgaria and am looking for a travel destination for the long weekend starting on the afternoon of 31 January and ending of 04 February. I want to visit Ljubljana, Bled, and Kranj. Flights I have found are about 450 Euro, which is a bit expensive for a long weekend.

Is there an easier way to get from Sofia to Ljubljana and back in this time frame and allows for some time to explore Bled, Kranj, and a little but of Ljubljana?

Thanks for your time.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend in Slovenia

Unfortunately the flights to and from Ljubljana are still horribly expensive. The situation is slowly improving. Now Serbian air (ex JAT) offers reasonable prices via Belgrade, but they haven't started their Belgrade-Sofia route yet. The situation is so horrible that it is sometimes the cheapest way to fly to Ljubljana to fly via London or Brussels with one of the low-cost airlines (Easyjet or Wizzair).

It is much cheaper to fly to Trieste (196 EUR) or to Venice (161 EUR) and then use GoOpti service to Ljubljana. The return transfer Trieste-Ljubljana costs about 20 EUR and the return transfer Venice-Ljubljana costs about 35 EUR.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 21:18
Vipava, Slovenia
Level Contributor
945 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend in Slovenia

There is also the long haul bus service through Florentia. for 98EUR return, sounds like a good deal to me!

florentiabus.it/eng/orari-firenze-sofia.asp

If you need more info regarding LJU, Bled etc check our info pages:

www.sloveniaforyou.com/InfoLocation.htm

Cheers

Greg and Rona

SFY

3. Re: Long Weekend in Slovenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18