We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

British Columbia
Level Contributor
240 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

I am planning to rent a car at Split Croatia and drive into Slovenia for a week. Does the insurance I buy from the rental company in Split cover me in Slovenia and do I need a Cross Border Card

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

I suggest you'd need to check with this the T&C's of the rental car company in Split. It is quite common practice for cars to be taken over the border so I shouldn't imagine it would present a problem.

Croatia is now in the EU but is not yet in the Schengen area, therefore the borders still remain.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

The rental company's car insurance policy will definitely cover it, as both countries are in the EU, but whether the rental company allows you to drive abroad is a whole other issue, however it shouldn't be a problem with most agencies. Still a good idea to check before booking, though.

British Columbia
Level Contributor
240 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Thanks for the reply

4. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 04:16