We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Slovenia

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
3 days in Slovenia

Hi

On a vacation with family , i have to spend 3 nights in slovenia !!! Choice between 2 nights in ljublana and 1 in lake bled or the other way around .

please help

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

I'm from Bled. If you'll come from Salzburg, your exit train station Lesce Beld, the next one from Jesenice. Your early train from Lesce Bled(05.18h) - Ljubljana(06.35h) - via ZG - Budapest (16.29h)!

For the ticket, I'll ask tomorrow!

Edited: 13 April 2014, 20:29
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

I'd have 2 nights in Lake Bled and 1 in Ljubljana.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
204 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

Depends on what your interests are. Ljubljana has galleries, museums, shopping, restaurants, a Zoo (are you arriving with kids?), while Bled is all about nature, hiking, swimming in the lake (in the summer).

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

Hi

Thanks for the reply . We are a family of 3, (couple with a 2 year old kid ). Being a local , if you were to pick one out of bled and ljubljana for a 2 day trip , please suggest . We are nature loving but dont want to get too bored during the stay .

thanks

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
204 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

I love Bled, but you might be better off staying 2 days in ljubljana: visit the Zoo, Ljubljana castel, walk around city center, maybe go to Tivoli park ( there's a huge playground there). Bled is more about walking around the lake, taking boat trips & hiking. We often go there with my kds, but usually for half day only.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

Bled is good for a full day when you're visiting for the first time, going out to the island, visiting the castle or maybe going to the Vintgar Gorge. I'd recommend it as a daytrip from Ljubljana, it's not far at all and Ljubljana is much more lively in the evening.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

Thanks for your replies !!

I have a related query .I have decided Staying over at bled for a couple of nights .

From where and at what cost can i hire a car to travel around bled .

Would like to drive down to Ljublana and Bohinj and other scenic places

Thanks in advance

8. Re: 3 days in Slovenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Ljubljana