We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake bled/castle, lake Bohinj and vintgar gorge

Badulla, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
91 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Lake bled/castle, lake Bohinj and vintgar gorge

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Bled on June 10th and want to see lake Bohinj,lake bled and castle and vintgar gorge and have some cream cake aswel.

My question is will I be able to do this using public transport withing one day if I leave very early from Ljubljana ???

Or is it better to take a tour? Do those tours usually go upto the castle as they state on their websites?

I will be traveling alone if that's any useful information.

Looking forward to help as usuall.

Thanks,

kishAn..

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake bled/castle, lake Bohinj and vintgar gorge

It's doable by public transport. There are frequent and cheap buses from Ljubljana to Bled. Start early, exit at the main bus station at Bled. It's probably the best idea to walk to Vintgar. It's a wonderful walk and it takes about an hour. You can return via Katarina. Then you can have a lunch at Bled and see the castle. It will probably be enough for a day. Return to Ljubljana by bus.

Alternatively, leave out the caste (it's not very special) and continue by bus to Bohinj.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 12:33
Badulla, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
91 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake bled/castle, lake Bohinj and vintgar gorge

Hi,

I would like to see many places as possible without taking much time for rest since I'm alone.

So I'm thinking to go to Bohinj as wel. Would you suggest which place I should start first ? Walk the gorge and lake bled and castle or start from Bohinj and then come to bled..

Thank you..

3. Re: Lake bled/castle, lake Bohinj and vintgar gorge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:17