We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Bled to Salzburg

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Topic
Lake Bled to Salzburg

Hi all,

I have 3d2n in solvenia where the first day will be spend on Ljubljana and second day at lake bled. I will travel to Salzburg for my next destinaton and have already bought online tickets from villach to salzburg.

I would like to ask if I am able to buy train ticket at Ljubljana station on the first day for the trip from Jesenice station to Villach Station for the 3rd day when I am departing for Salzburg?

From what I know to get to villach from lake bled, I would have to get to either podhom or bled jerezo to jesenice then to villach. ( I will be staying at traveller's haven). Is there an alternative way?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Upper Carniola Region, Slovenia
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Villach
Villach
Carinthia, Austria
Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Bled to Salzburg

Take a train from station Lesce Bled, where international trains stop!

Look for the timetable

slo-zeleznice.si/uploads/vozni-red-po-relaci…

you have at 8.13h - 10.02h (in Villach change) - 16.13h - and 0.36h .

You can buy a ticket on the station !

Mentioned in this post
Bled
Bled
Villach
Villach
Carinthia, Austria
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Bled to Salzburg

ooo so do u mean i can buy tickets for jesenice to villach at lesce bled station? As i am concern i do not having enough time

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Bled to Salzburg

There are two railway stations serving Bled. One is Lesce Bled, a couple of miles east of the town and connected to Bled with a local bus. It's the main station where international trains from Ljubljana towards Salzburg stop. The other is Bled Jezero, across the lake to the west from the town of Bled. The two stations are not on the same railway line, but they are connected via a rather long detour through Jesenice.

If you'll be going from Ljubljana to Bled by train, buy a ticket in Ljubljana for Lesce Bled. Then for your next leg just buy a ticket for Villach at Lesce Bled and that's it, there are direct connections to Villach from there.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 22:12
Mentioned in this post
Bled
Bled
Ljubljana
Ljubljana
Salzburg
Salzburg
Salzburg Region, Austria
Villach
Villach
Carinthia, Austria
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Bled to Salzburg

ok i got it!

thanks all!

5. Re: Lake Bled to Salzburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:15