We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Hello to everyone here on the Ljubljana Forum!

We'll be in this lovely city for the first time this coming mid-September and have a few questions:

1) Where are some fun places to go dancing? We love electronic music as well as "oldies" (disco, 80s...).

2) Is there a cool, artsy shopping area? Particularly interested in finding great-looking shoes or interesting jewelry.

3) Any recommendations on nice places to stay overnight without breaking the bank? We're cool with apartments or B&Bs. Don't like to share bathrooms, though.

Thank you so much for any advice you could give on Ljubljana!!! Cheers!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Anyone?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

1. There are several options,Top & Eat above the Nama general store is one of the most popular. There are also some very popular salsa & tango dance floors.

2. Visit Emporium in BTC for brands and some parts of the old town for excellent unique hand made shoes.

3. The prices of small hotels in the old part of the city are reasonable (see one of the most popular booking engines). These hotels are very charming and provide a high level of accommodation and service.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 17:22
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Stay @ Hotel Emonec

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Thanks, Marjan! Is BTC a department store or a neighborhood?

You're so lucky to live in such a cool city... looking forward to it...

Edited: 29 July 2014, 20:17
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Lukey: Thanks! I tentatively booked Hotel Center because of its location. But I'll check out Emonec as well...

Edited: 29 July 2014, 20:18
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

P.S. Marjan: Are clubs busy on Thursday nights in September? The hotel we wanted was sold-out for the Friday and Saturday nights when we were free. In my city, Thursdays are the best nights to go out... but not sure about Ljublijana. Thanks!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

I am unfortunately not a party animal and thus a poor reference. However, the clubs are probably the most popular on Fridays and on Saturdays.

An alternative is visiting one of the popular bars along Ljubljanica river, I think that you may enjoy meeting young people, drinking good wine and eating good food. Just stroll around the old town and pick the one you like most. Dvorni bar and Macek are two of the most popular. You wull probably also like the bar at the top of Neboticnik (the first about 100 years old skyscraper in Ljubljana).

BTC is a very popular huge shopping complex with a cinema, pools, saunas, restaurants and bars.

http://www.neboticnik.si/

www.dvornibar.net/

http://sobe-macek.si/

Edited: 30 July 2014, 14:01
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
967 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Thanks, Marjan. We're not much drinkers... but we love to dance. Cheers!

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

Hey Betty, this might help you a bit inyourpocket.com/slovenia/…Clubs I too don't go clubbing much but as I hear, Cirkus and Top are the most popular destinations :)

Also, you might want to check out "Metelkova City" local-life.com/ljubljana/articles/metelkova There are some 5 smaller clubs there which often host different DJs.

10. Re: Help! Need advice for Ljubljana this September...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:16