We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

Which Ljubljana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

http://ppt.cc/vT7D ==> The fuel meter status when I picked up the car

http://ppt.cc/0rH3 ==> They still insisted it's full

Just share a terrible rental car experience at Ljubljana Airport.

It’s Sixt!

I still don't know how to argue this case with them but just FYI

When I picked up this car at Ljubljana Airport(Slovenia) , I didn’t check everything carefully except noting that the tank was not full then. So I told the front desk this situation and he told me it’s a full tank actually and it would return full after driving couple times and claimed it’s a OPEL CORSA’s problem. He also gave me his words and signed at the back of my contrast sheet to convince me. However , I still doubted his comments and then took a photo as an evidence before leaving the airport. As what I expected , the fuel meter always held still there and didn’t return to full level. So I located the nearest gas station by my GPS and tried to filled it up , it totally cost me up to 13 Euro around 10 liters , it definitely not a full tank and apparently they(Sixt) deceived me.

But the most ridiculous thing is , when I returned this car , they still insisted it’s full and refused to refund me anything and even worse, they charged me extra up to 400 Euro for some items at below:

1.Personal Accident Protection

Basically I had specifically told their front desk I didn’t need any extra insurance and asked him just to follow original voucher, but he still sneakily put this to my bill and asked me to sign without explaining the contents of my contrast. Maybe I should blame myself not to check the contents carefully before signing the contrast. But I have to say this front desk guy is just the same one who deceived me about the fuel tank.

2.New damage 180 EUR and administration fee 50 EUR + 22% VAT

They found a small scratch at the back bumper,so this is what they had to charge.

Because I didn’t check everything carefully before leaving the rental car’s parking lot,I don’t even know how this happened, Even I knew and experienced their bad credit about this rental company, but I do understand I am responsible for this scratch. The only thing I was not satisfied was they seemed to double charge me.

They had already charge me a huge 180 EUR new damage and then another 50 EUR for an administration fee. It’s quite outrageous.

3.Some hidden fees(Road Assistance,Foreign use,Road tax RFL)~80 EUR+22%

That’s the reason why I don’t like use rentalcars.com. Sometimes you just cannot avoid from these hidden fee.For this case,it charged extra even far more than the original rental fee itself.

Anyway,I has filed a complaine to rentalcars.com, no matter what this result is, I strongly suggest that please don’t use Sixt at Ljubljana Airport if you intend to visit Slovenia.

I just remembered when I picked up a car there,I heard someone complain something~

When I returned my car, I still again heard someone complain something~

Now it’s my turn now to complain about this rental company, it’s Sixt!

No kidding and Good Luck!

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

In last few years, several TA members complained about rental co. at AP LJU. But allways for small things. And they adviced, dont use ..... rental Co. I dont know, shal we in Slovenia change all. And that all companies have own rulles, valid worldwide.

I think, the best, make pics from all the car before renting.

Slovenia
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

Unfortunately (some) rental car companies are the same, the world over. This isn't something unique to Slovenia, believe me and hopefully not the norm with other companies but there are always, inevitably, a few bad cases out there.

You live and learn and it really is vital to check everything before taking the car. I have learnt this the hard way too when renting a car in the UK. I now take photos of every little tiny scratch and get them to sign to agree to everything before I take a car.

Kranj, Slovenia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

I registered just to explain you how this works.I can give you some info about sixt and how they work. Until recently i have worked there for almost a year and know most of their tricks. They will screw you over for any scratch so check you car and check it good.And the charges you mentioned are true.Dont get insurance thrugh carrentals and similar sites, you will still have only basic insurance with sixt and you will have to make 1000 euros and more reservation on your credit card.Be annoying ask about everything they will dislike you for it but what do you care you should get a proper service.

Regarding tank not being full. Agent was right it is known problem and i have dealt with it alot. But in your case tank is actually not full..There is a trick tank doesnt show full but after a while me and some other guys (who quit there too) found a solution in cars computer (where your number says 405km left) it should show numbers around 600km then it would actually be fine despite the fact cursor doesnt show full.

Hope I was helpful and sorry for any mistakes made i typed this in a hurry.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 15:18
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
529 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

We used carrentals.com last August. We picked up our car @ SIXT in Lubjlana and had it for 2 weeks. Returned the car to SIXT in Portoroz.

We had absolutely NO problems. The cost was exactly what we contracted for. Infact, we received a free upgrade and hated to have to return the car.

I am really sorry to read your tale of woe.

Kranj, Slovenia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

Yeah those free upgrades are due to lack of cars some lucky people get those I guess you were one of them.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

Hi there:

I used SIXT last August. I picked up and returned the car at SIXT in Ljubljana airport. I had an upgrade and the car was very new but it had a few scratches. Some of them were on the contract, but they were so small that I could not even see them. I was a little bit concerned about that, but so far, no charges on my VISA for new scratches.

Two negative points: I sent an email asking them if there was any extra charge for "border cross" and they told me 9,60€, but finally it was more than 20€. Finally, they retained my VISA deposit more than a week since I returned the car.

7. Re: Sixt didn't give me a full tank car and deceived me?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:16