We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piran to Venice

Brisbane
Level Contributor
103 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Piran to Venice

Hi all,

Just wondering if we should stick to using a bus / train service from Piran to Venice or if I can rely on the Go Opti shuttle service which seems to be inexpensive if we book now for our trip in June. Any comments on either option would be appreciated. Thanks.

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Piran to Venice

You can catch Piran-Trieste bus (or Koper-Trieste, which are more frequent), while from there Venice is really easy reachable by multiple trains

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piran to Venice

When I was last in Piran (2011), the bus from Piran to Trieste did not run on Sunday - when I needed to get to Venice. (I don't think buses were running from Koper either). So I took a taxi - my B&B owner helpfully offered this service for 40 Euros. Then I took the train on to Venice from Trieste. A little expensive but worked out well enough.

I didn't know of the GoOpti option in 2011 (if it was even running then), but if it were available for less than 40 Euros or saved a significant amount of travel time, perhaps I would have used it.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piran to Venice

Is it better to go to Venice from Piran by train. We had planned to do a day trip by the ferry.

Logatec, Slovenia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Piran to Venice

No train from Piran, you need to go to Trieste/Trst(via bus/taxi) and than you can take the train to Venice..

Edited: 19 April 2013, 23:28
5. Re: Piran to Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 09:18