We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from London to Portoroz

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from London to Portoroz

Can anybody tell me the best way to travel from London to Portoroz?

Slovenia, Ljubljana
Level Contributor
677 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

Private plane :-)

But there are also other solutions:

Use EasyJet to Ljubljana airport. From LJ airport use bus to LJ bus & train staion. From there use bus to Portoroz or train to Koper and from Koper bus to Portoroz.

www.ap-ljubljana.si

www.slo-zeleznice.si

www.lju-airport.si

Dovje, Slovenia
Level Contributor
389 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

I also agree that private plane is the best solution.

Other, maybe even faster alternative to Ljubljana airport is Trieste - Ronchi airport (Ryanair), which is much closer then Ljubljana airport.

However, to get a public transport from Trieste to Portoroz you will need to arrive early in the day... Until the end of september there is on wednesday and thursdays a ferry between Trieste and Piran at 17:00. Some hotels and hotels offer relatively transfers between Trieste airport and Portoroz/Piran (around 80-90EUR per car).

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

Thank you. I think it may have to be your second piece of advice as my finances don't stretch to a private plane.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

Thank you but the same again I don't think I can stretch to a private plane. Ryanair or easyjet sound like much more realistic options.

Northants
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Sissi
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

Ryanair from Stanstead to Trieste is the cheapest and nearest airport to Portoroz

West Sussex
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

Thank you

7. Re: Travelling from London to Portoroz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Portoroz
Recent Conversations