We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Totally off the Travel Subject - Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
760 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Totally off the Travel Subject - Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

I hope this doesn't get wiped out until I get an authentic recipe.Cooking is my hobby and I have bunches of green peppers in my fall garden.

I'd love to have your recipe for Hungarian Stuffed Peppers.

You can put it here, or mail it to:

Brahmama@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Totally off the Travel Subject - Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

oh i sooo love stuffed pepper!!!! the way my mother does it! :)

im gonna ask for the receipe tomorrow (or when i can the soonest) and post it/send it, so dont worry about it, youll get a receipe! :)

(but actually she makes it with yellow pepper... i mean the colour...:) and it may have different taste without the hungarian red paprika (she uses the kalocsai) as spice, so i hope you have that as well!)

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Totally off the Travel Subject - Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

Thank you for the reply! I am waiting and the peppers are safe in the refrigerator. They are between yellow and green - maybe that will work.

As for the paprika - it is just from a bottle brand Mccormick and gives no information about the origin. Perhaps I can add a little red cayenne pepper to add more zest.

I do use it to cover the Jewish Pot Roast (along with other ingredients) and it turns out very good indeed.

Israel
Level Contributor
292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Totally off the Travel Subject - Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

How about looking here:

homepage.interaccess.com/~june4/stuffedpep.html -

Would love to ask my grandma or my mother , they were great cooks, but they are no longer with us.

Hope you enjoy it.

Andy

p.s. you can google for Hungarian stuffed peppers.

4. Re: Totally off the Travel Subject - Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 05:46