We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Bratislava worth the trip?

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Is Bratislava worth the trip?

For a start, I am not posting to a wrong forum! We are planning a visit to Hungary for 10 days late July with our 2 kids. We've booked for accomodation in Sopron and Budapest(5 days each). We shall rent a car and trying to put up our itinerary now and was just wondering whether Bratislava is worth a visit or should we spend our days in rural Hungary instead? (We actually had the same question last year when in Vienna and finally decided not to visit Bratislava). Thank you in advance!

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Bratislava worth the trip?

I think 5 days is more than enough for Sopron (it's very nice but quite small) so I think you'll have time for a day trip to Bratislava from there...

However, you can also find some other places in Hungary where you could also go for a day trip (e.g. Koszeg) from Sopron.

Did this help? :-)

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Bratislava worth the trip?

No, I have just read it and now I no it didn't help, I would remove it if I could... Sorry. :-)

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Bratislava worth the trip?

Thanks, but that didn't help. We plan to visit the countryside of Hungary since we appreciate small town and villages a lot, however we were just wondering whether Bratislava (or even Graz in Austria-that came up to us today) were worth the trip. This means that if we decide to make one of the two trips, we should leave some rural areas of Hungary behind. So again, do they worth the trip?

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,196 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Bratislava worth the trip?

Graz as well as Bratislava are worth the trip.

cms.graztourismus.at/cms/ziel/1203782/EN (Graz)

http://visit.bratislava.sk/en/ (Bratislava)

Graz was European Capital of Culture in 2003. Both cities have great centers. Graz is very cosy with its hill in the centre accomodating the clock tower and giving a great outlook onto Graz. Bratislava's centre was lovely restored and is a real gem now. Bratislava is closer to Sopron and you would need a motorway sticker in Austria that is probably not on the windshield of your rental car.

5. Re: Is Bratislava worth the trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 08:17