We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding Trip in Hungary

Boston
Level Contributor
21 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding Trip in Hungary

Hi --

I will be travelling with my 3 boys (15, 13 and 11) late May/early June. We plan to spend a few days in Budapest and I would love for the boys to experience a little bit of their Hungarian heritage by possibly doing a horseback riding trip in the country side.

We are not experienced riders and as a traveller, I don't like ultra-touristy attractions. Does anyone have any suggestions for an authentic experience?

Thanks so much (Nagyon koszonom)!

Bukkszek, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Eger
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding Trip in Hungary

Hi, during your visit to Hungary are you only staying in Budapest? How many days will you be here? Are you wanting to horse ride around Budapest or out in hills/plains?

Boston
Level Contributor
21 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding Trip in Hungary

Hi -- thanks for the reply. I am hoping to go outside of Budapest so my sons will have an opportunity to see other parts of Hungary.

My Hungarian language skills are very rusty so I would need to make sure that I and a guide could communicate.

Thanks very much!

Tardona
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding Trip in Hungary

Hi, Maybe you are already in Hungary or you have booked your trip already. If not, take a look at www.westernhorsestable.com. It is a great place in Bekölce in between the Mátra and Bükk mountains. It is a dutch couple trats runs the stables. They have a pension and can provide long and short trails, more day trips as well.

Enjoy your stay in Hungary,

regards,

Karin

Move to Balance , Tardona

4. Re: Horseback Riding Trip in Hungary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2010, 05:15