We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest hotel and advice for a solo traveller

Ipswich, Suffolk
2 posts
Save Topic
Budapest hotel and advice for a solo traveller

Hi there...I'm looking for a hotel in Budapest for two nights in mid-July.

I'd like somewhere central, close to the main sites and bars/restaurants, so I don't necessarily have to travel far of an evening.

Budgetwise, I'd like to pay no more than £50 per night.

It'll be the first time I've travelled alone so any other advice would be very gratefully received.

Many many thanks.

Edited: 05 June 2012, 11:40
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest hotel and advice for a solo traveller

Your profile gives us no information about your age, sex, etc. That said, there was a lady who visited in December who found the EasyHotel and she was very pleased. The rooms are small and spare, but she reported very clean, and there was a 24 hour desk clerk who spoke English. I believe she only paid about $25-30 US for the room.The hotel is located only about 1/2 block from the "Oktogon", a major intersection in the city. This is where the "korut" or ring road and the major boulevard, Andrassy Utca, intersect each other. From here you can take a tram or the Metro to virtually anything you want to see, do, drink or eat. In addition, it is only one short block from there to Liszt Ferenc Ter (square) which is a two block pedestrian street full of countless sidewalk cafes and bars. Enjoy!

2. Re: Budapest hotel and advice for a solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:17