We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sim card use in france and england

Kelowna, British...
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
sim card use in france and england

Travelling to France,Italy,England, Spain and Portugal, I currently have an unlocked android phone, which is the best phone company to purchase a sim card from that allows cheap texts

thanks to all

Patrice

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sim card use in france and england

Hi Patrice,

There is no great SIM answer here.I don't know your definition of 'cheap', but I do know that roaming across Europe remains excessively expensive. No matter where ou purchase the initial SIM card, once you cross borders you will be 'roaming' so cheap goes out of the equation.

Of your 5 countries, Vodafone offers service in all but France (double check me). Outside of Vodafone, I don't believe there is a common carrier across these countries. But.......it really doesn't matter, because you will have to pick up a new SIM ( essentially a new number) in each country. Buying a Vodafone SIM in country A will offer no savings on a foreign network, no matter if you remain on Vodafone.

Instead, I might suggest downloading WhatApp, Viber, Skype or Voxer from the Android store and leveraging them. Those are your cheapest alternatives by many many Euro's.

Jeremy

2. Re: sim card use in france and england

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2013, 10:15