We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague or Budapest??

Clearwater River
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Prague or Budapest??

A friend and I are traveling to either Prague or Budapest and then onto Italy, Croatia and Switzerland.

The problem is we do not have time for both Prague and Budapest. We both want to visit both places and can't decide between the two. We have about 5 days to visit one of these places.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Penzance
Level Contributor
631 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague or Budapest??

Hi Krista P,The question has been asked more times than l can remember.Here a link of sights around Budapest.Hope this helps.

www.welovebudapest.com

Pecs, Hungary
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague or Budapest??

You ask it on the Hungary forum, therefore of course Budapest :-))

The question is similar to "shall I cut off my left or right hand?":-))

Both cities are really beautiful and interesting. Let's come to Budapest.

(But visit also Prague next time...)

We can offer you the Danube in the middle of the city, the hilly Buda side with the Castle Hill and Gellert Hill, thermal baths, nice buildings, good restaurants, friendly people (ok, not all of us :-)), many museums, good wines etc. Everything under the sun. I know it is a slogen for Spain :-), but we also have sun :-) and everything :-)

The language does not matter because both would be terrible for you :-)

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague or Budapest??

Been to both. Budapest was the only one I came back to. And would go back to a third time.

Felt Prague was a littel over-rated. Budapest matches it for beauty in my opinion, is less touristy (still tourists and well set up for it but not over-bearingly like Prague) and has as good if not better night life. Of the 9 nights I've spent in both cities, the top 3 nights out would all be Budapest ones. The ruin bars are unique and brilliant in equal measure (come to think of it, I'd be tempted to say even Berlin has better nightlife than Prague).

Add in all the spas in BP and you have a clear winner, in my opinion.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague or Budapest??

Hi Krista,

This question comes up often.....here are some links to answers in the past:

tripadvisor.com/…35340427

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k4904…

In a summary statement....it's Budapest by a mile in my book. Prague is a great city, but Budapest is larger, more relaxed, and doesn't feel like Disneyland with a million tourists in one small area. I like the scenery better, the nightlife is great, the food wonderful and overall many more sights to see. But Prague does have much better fresh beer! :)

You won't go wrong with either if you haven't visited these parts in Europe, but Budapest wins my vote by a fairly wide margin....

Enjoy

Jeremy

5. Re: Prague or Budapest??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 05:17