We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trekking from countryside place

israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
trekking from countryside place

Hello pals,

We are looking for a nice countryside place not so far from Budapest with good public transportation - train, bus. We love walking in forests, mountains ( not very difficult trails). We prefer to stay in one place and trekking to nearest destinations. For example, like in Shwarzwald. , Slovenia etc.

Give us a number of advice.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trekking from countryside place

Hello IsraelRuth,

To be clear, you would like a place OUTside of Budapest? Please note that there is some really nice hiking trails right in the city of Budapest, easily reached by public transportation. Seek out Normafa if interested. Share some insights as to how far distance/time you'd prefer the hikes, and across how many days.

Best,

Jeremy

israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trekking from countryside place

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for replay.

I meaning exactly countryside, not in Budapest.

I'm seeking for some nice place, about 2 hours from airport., into or next to forests and mountains.

We can stay for 2 weeks or so.

Regards.

Ludmila.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8,983 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trekking from countryside place

Under the communists it was very difficult for people to travel outside of Hungary, so in-country tourism was very important, and walking (trekking) was encouraged by the government. This means that the country has a well defined network of walking paths, some local, some national.

We prefer Eastern Hungary, and have walked extensively in both the Zemplen and Bukk hills.

One of our favourite places in Noszvaj, which is close to Eger, there is more info on this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k52…

If you insist on being closer to Bpest, places like Matrahaza cater for walkers.

I would not recommend a walking holiday in mid July to mid August, as it can be very hot.

israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trekking from countryside place

Thanks a lot , very useful information.

5. Re: trekking from countryside place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 05:19