We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train arrival

San Rafael, Calif
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Train arrival

If we take a train from Zagreb to Budapest does anybody know what station we would arrive at.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train arrival

Hi Kesarkid,

While I am far from a train expert, checking the MAV website, it appears trains coming in from Zagreb can arrive at either Deli or Keleti depending upon arrival time. My thought is you're planning on how to get from the train station to your hotel/apartment. If you let us know the location (or general area) we can help from both places....

Best,

Jeremy

San Rafael, Calif
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train arrival

Thanks Have reservations at the Marriot

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,820 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train arrival

There is only one direct train departing Zagreb at 10:00 and arrives at Deli station at 16:25

There is also a sort of night train which leaves Zagreb at 03:22 and only runs on Thursdays and Sundays from 16.6 to 1.9.

Buy the ticket in Zagreb.

San Rafael, Calif
Level Contributor
198 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train arrival

Will be in Zagreb Sept 5-8 then moving on to different areas in Croatia.

Will be back in Zagreb on Sept 18-18

Can I just buy train tickets at the train station when I am there on Sept 5-8.

Thanks

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,820 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train arrival

Yes - the ticket is valid for one month and you can use it on any train or trains. You can also stop off anywhere along the route as many times as you wish, as long as you keep going towards Budapest, but I don't think there is a lot that is of interest along the way.

6. Re: Train arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2014, 05:15