We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel decisions!

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel decisions!

Hi,

We're two thirty something's travelling to Budapest for three nights in early October. Happy to walk/use public transport in the day to get to the attractions, however we of course want to sample the restaurants and bars of an evening without too much hassle getting back to our hotel afterwards. We've therefore been looking on the Pest side at hotels like the atrium fashion, Bristol, Novotel centrum and city inn - any recommendations for any of these? Are we in the right place?

Also, what's the weather usually doing early October?

Thanks in advance

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel decisions!

Flights now booked so any help would be appreciated!

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel decisions!

Anywhere on the Pest side between the river and the inner Kor ut (ring road) should be OK. Like any major city the area of the centre is quite small. Budapest is very walkable, the Pest side is flat as a pancake (or palacsinta).

October should be OK, similar to the UK really: Hungary is hotter than the UK in summer, colder in winter: October and March/ April are the crossover points.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel decisions!

Just had a look at the map, I believe that all 4 of your hotels fall outside of the inner kor ut: none is wildly far outside.

For clarification the inner kor ut consists of (from the north) Szent Istvan korut, Nagy korut, Terez korut, Erzsebet korut, Joszef korut and Ferenc korut.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel decisions!

Hello annie

Location wise the Atrium, Novotel Centrum and Bristol are not bad they are not next to the river of course but if as you say you do not mind walking and using public transportation you will be fine. Both are located very near Blaha Lujza Ter, just a few minutes' walk away. This major public transport junction connects tram No. 4 and 6, M2 metro and numerous bus lines which will let you get to all the sights you may want to go quickly and easily. As to which one to choose let me say I have not stayed at any of the properties so I cannot speak to specifics while staying in any... but I do like the look of the Novotel centrum and Atrium best.

You will also be near some good dining and drinking options too just a short walk or ride away.. One of my favorite lunchtime eateries that I was turned onto by a fellow TA member is quite close Huszar Etterem tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g274887-d1…

Weather in October can be hit or miss after all it is a transition month but the last 2 years I have been there it has been quite nice and pleasant the days are still warm and the evenings are cool. Actually it is probably my favorite month to be there see this post.... tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k6511…

Best

SEBESZ

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel decisions!

little bit out annie

lets rewind, what is your budget per room per night?

do you like spa hotels or just a place to get a kip?

how do you feel about urban areas i.e. a tad rough?

let us know and we will see if we can help

cheers tony

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
69 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel decisions!

Thanks all,

Tony - we are looking up to £50 per night for the two of us. If we can get a spa hotel/hotel with a pool for that then great, but i think we would rather be in the 'nicer' areas as we'll be trying to get home late at night.

Any recommendations very welcome!

Thanks again.

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel decisions!

its gonna be tough for up to £50 a night

you can stay in 5 star luxury for around the £100 mark with breakfast ,but for £50 you will end up a bit out of the centre

try alpha rooms as they often have special rates

all the best tony

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel decisions!

Stay on the pest side. Check out Corvin apartments. I was really happy when I stayed there. Centrally located, close to metros, friendly staff.

9. Re: Hotel decisions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:17