We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

Palm Harbor, Florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

We will be ending a river cruise in Budapest May 24, 2014. Our boat will dock in the morning but our flight doesn't leave until 7 pm that evening. Since we will have all our luggage with us, is there a place where we can store it safely until the evening when we'll go to the airport?

One option is to go to the airport & check the luggage for the flight if that's possible. However, I prefer not to make the extra trip.

Any ideas?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

You can store you luggage (depending on how big the bags are) at the trains stations. You will find the lockers are much cheaper than the airport and you won't have to waste time and pay for three cab fares

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

Hi Dan,

I would reach out to a river-side top hotel (I.e., Marriott, Intercontinental, Four Seasons, etc.) and ask them to store your bags so you can enjoy your free time. Each of the above locations are right on the river, but will likely require a short taxi ride depending upon your specific docking location (all are in city center). I would start with any hotel you may have status with.

Requesting this service and the willingness to pay a small fee should work well.

Best,

Jeremy

Palm Harbor, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

The train station is an option. I don't know how far from our docking point but will look into it.

Thanks

Palm Harbor, Florida
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

Interesting option. I am a member of Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards programs so, it may be an option.

Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

I have heard from friends that the river side hotels are getting burned out with all the "boat people" trying to stash their luggage in their lock rooms which are intended for guests. But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

6. Re: Where can I store baggage for a day in BudaPest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:18