We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open Hours for St. Stephen's Basilica

Newcastle, Ontario
Level Contributor
285 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Open Hours for St. Stephen's Basilica

Just wanted to know what the hours are on a Saturday to walk around the Basilica. Also if the 200 HUF per person to get in includes access to the dome? Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, World Cup, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open Hours for St. Stephen's Basilica

Hello OLala021

Take look at this link it should give you all the info you need

http://en.bazilika.biz/tourism/tourism

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Open Hours for St. Stephen's Basilica

The donation to see the Baszilica does not include the elevator to the dome. That is separate at the little window on the south entrance to the main church.. Also there is a small fee to view the relic. Last time I was there it was a 200 HuF coin. Take extra change with you. Also note you cannot wander around during any of the masses. The site below give hours but it is a little confusing because as I recall, the daily masses also includes Saturday as well. I always do the 8 am mass and then stroll around more or less by myself before the mobs show up. If you need any help there will always be a little old lady in black to help you out. You will want to see at a minimum, the relic, the painting of St. Stephen on his death bed as he gives the crown of Hungary to St. Mary, the statues, the treasury, and the dome, both from ground level and up above.

en.bazilika.biz/permanent-mass/mass-order

3. Re: Open Hours for St. Stephen's Basilica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:16