We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary

5 posts
Save Topic
itinerary

we will be visiting Hungary in early august. we have 8 nights and plan to spend time in Budapest and then we thought we could rent a car and travel to another area possibly lake Balaton. I wondered if anyone could give some advice on an itinerary. we are a family of 4. The kids are aged 17 and 20. We want to see the city but also have some chill out time. We aren't looking for noisy areas especially outside of Budapest. How much time should we spend in Budapest? and is it a good idea to go to the lake in august and if yes which town would you recommend -( we prefer quiet not parties)? Or would it be a better idea to visit some other area instead I've tried looking for itineraries on the internet to get some sort of idea of where to visit but they all seem to combine Budapest with Prague and Vienna, so its difficult to know how to divide the time up.

Anyway I'd really appreciate if anyone could give me a few pointers. Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary

Welcome to the forums!Finding a "quiet" place around Balaton is going to tough, especially with two young adults. You might want to look at the thread below for some really chill places that aren't overrun by other visitors but are all worth a visit.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274887-i263-k4864…

5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary

Thanks very much I'm going to have a look and investigate those areas more

3. Re: itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:17