We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes

Hello.

Please, can you help me? I would like to know how much cost cigarettes in Hungary. For example, one Marlboro, how much is it?

And how is the law in hungary about smoking in restaurants, shoppings, bars, etc? Is it permited?

Thank you very much

Jorge

Hungary
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes

Price of one box Marlboro ( 19 pcs ) is 580 HUF. It's about 2,30 €.

Smoking is still permitted in restaurants and bars, but not permitted at public places like hospitals, schools, offices, etc.

regards,

gambl-R

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes

Thank you very much :)

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes

Are benson & Hedges GOLD readily available?

please

northampton
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes

Hi,

How much are Benson and Hedges Gold, for one packet please? As per the originalquestion, are they readily available?

Thanks,

Nat

Manchester
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigarettes

Cobblernat,

I was in Budapest at the end of November and B&H were about 2.80 sterling and they were on sale just about everywhere.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigarettes

But you are going to Hungary, so why not smoke local fags ? one packet of Sopianae and you will never feel the desire to smoke again......

Washington, England
Level Contributor
409 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigarettes

Anyone know the price of cigars or where to get them in Budapest?

london
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigarettes

I'm going to Budapest next weekend. Am I correct in thinking that the limit has now been raised so one is 'allowed' to bring back up to 3200 cigarettes from Hungary? Also what is the price in local currency for say B&H (2.80 sterling last november may well have changed due to fluctuations in the exchange rate) - are many other UK brands available there eg JPS and there places which sell such brands ona a large scale or does one have to trapse round hundreds of little tobacco kiosks each of which has no more than 200 of the required brand available (as ini Berlin) ?

northampton
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigarettes

We have just got back from Budapest. There is no real limit on how many cigarettes you bring back but the guideline is 3200.The price per packet of B&H gold was 610 forints which equates to about £1.90 per pack. However I think the people out there don't realise that you can bring back as many as you like and are very relunctant to sell them in quantites! They are readily availbale at the airport though for the same price. Hope this helps. Have a good trip.

london
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigarettes

Great news. Thanks very much :)